The NAR released their 2019 Home Buyers and Sellers Generational Trends Report . See the facts below.
- Younger Millennials ages 21-28 for a larger buying share than the silent generation ages 73-93.
- Gen Xers made up the largest generation of sellers at 25% followed by sellers 64-72 years old at 22%.
- 16% of Gen Xers purchased a multi-generational home stating that they did so because their adult children have either moved back or never left home..
- 87% of all buyers purchased their home through an agent as did 92% of buyers 28 years and younger, and 84% of buyers 64 years and older.
- The most common type of home purchase was the detached single family home which made up 82% of all homes bought.
- Todays buyers and sellers by percentage are Millennials at 37%, Baby Boomers at 32%, Gen Xers at 24%, and the Silent Generation at 7%.