Kudos to the board and financial supporters of The John Green House here in Nyack who are working diligently to restore this home. This home is the oldest remaining Dutch Colonial Sandstone structure in the Village of Nyack NY. It was built by John Edward Green (1772-1842) in the year 1819. Recently it was cited by both the New York and National Registers of Historic Places, and is also a Village of Nyack Historic Landmark. As the house is restored and made safe, the space inside will be utilized to serve the community in ways yet to be decided. One idea that has been floated is downstairs would serve as an Office of Tourism, and upstairs may be rented out to local artists.Stay tuned for further developments of this exciting project.